Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Wait...what?

So what just happened? It's been a crazy week, that's for sure! I have to write this out now, just in case it gets crazier!

For those of you just tuning in, I have been in high conflict family court litigation with my biological mother for over 5 years in Seminole County, Florida. We went through several judges, including the "facebook judge" Linda Schoonover, who gave me custody 2 years ago but then vacated her order when my lawyer presented her with a final judgment revoking my mother's temporary custody that opposing counsel (Vicki Levy Eskin) had "no objections to" (I suspect that she did, and that she voiced those objections to judge Schoonover in ex parte communications outside the courtroom, but I will never be able to prove that, so they get away with it)

ANYWAY, The judge vacated her order and my son ran away to my mother's home (on the same day, but that's just a Coincidence) and every visit and family therapy session since then has been difficult to schedule or enforce. I haven't seen him outside of therapy in over a year, and I haven't seen him in therapy since right before last Christmas. I email him that I love him and he emails me to fuck off.

Last week, out of nowhere, my lawyer called and told me that my mother had withdrawn all of her objections to my motion to revoke her temporary custody. THEN I was told that my son had actually run away from her home 3 1/2 weeks ago (yet nobody bothered to tell me?  I know there is more to the story than I was told) and was refusing to return, even after she threatened to stop fighting me for custody if he didn't return. Supposedly he told her to go ahead, so she did.

I still wasn't buying after 5 years of "almost over"s. This morning I got a copy of my final judgment, and I am STILL having a hard time believing it.  I have custody of a child who is missing, my mother supposedly knows where he is staying (with a friend from school and his parents) but instead of just telling me where that actually IS, she says "the school has the information"

It all seems so crazy. What am I supposed to do next? I'll need to go to the courthouse and get a certified copy of the order so that I can go to the school and change his info in the system and see if they actually have the address where he is staying and if they do, if they will tell me what the address is.  And then what? THIS is what Seminole County finally gives me, and my son, after YEARS of turmoil? An essentially non-enforceable judgment for a child I can't even locate that has less than two years until he's 18. I began court proceedings asking for assistance with visitation when he was TEN. I find this to be completely unacceptable. And if they'll do it to me, they'll do it to others. How many other lives has Seminole County ruined in the past 5 years?

No comments:

Post a Comment